SAP and Google Cloud have announced an expansion of their partnership, allowing customers to build an end-to-end data cloud that integrates SAP Datasphere solution with Google’s data cloud, enabling real-time access to their entire data estates.
SAP Datasphere bridges mission-critical SAP data with other enterprise data sources, providing a unified view on Google Cloud.
The open data offering by SAP and Google Cloud complements the RISE with SAP solution and empowers customers to:
- Access business-critical data in real-time: Integration between SAP Datasphere and Google Cloud BigQuery enables seamless access to crucial data without duplication. This integration unifies data from SAP software systems, including SAP S/4HANA and SAP HANA Cloud, granting organizations a holistic view of their most significant data on Google’s data cloud.
- Simplify data landscapes: Through joint engineering efforts, SAP and Google Cloud have developed robust data replication and federation technologies. These advancements facilitate the integration of SAP software data with BigQuery environments, leveraging SAP and Google Cloud’s leading data analytics capabilities. By federating queries across SAP Datasphere and BigQuery, organizations can eliminate data silos and gain comprehensive insights spanning marketing, sales, finance, supply chain, and more. For example, businesses employing wholesale distribution models can now have full visibility into their product lifecycle and sales pipeline.
- Create trusted insights with advanced AI and ML models: Businesses can utilize Google Cloud’s AI and ML services to train models on data from both SAP and non-SAP systems, enabling them to derive actionable insights and drive intelligent decision-making.
- Perform advanced analysis: The integration between SAP Analytics Cloud solution and Google Cloud empowers organizations to analyze financial and business outcomes while improving model accuracy.
- Utilize joint solutions for sustainability: SAP and Google Cloud are exploring possibilities to combine SAP Datasphere with broader ESG data sets and Google Cloud’s insights, facilitating actionable sustainability initiatives.
- Leverage SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) on Google Cloud globally: SAP intends to expand regional support of SAP BTP and SAP HANA Cloud on Google Cloud, including support for SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Datasphere. This expansion will encompass five new regions in 2023, with plans to increase support to a total of eight regions by 2025.
The partnership between SAP and Google Cloud will also include joint go-to-market initiatives for enterprise-scale data projects, enabling customers to benefit from data products offered by both companies.
[Image courtesy: SAP]