The International 3D Society announced the names of the companies and organizations to be honored at its 2012 3D Technology Awards on January 19th in Hollywood.
Lenny Lipton (Chairman, Awards Committee, The International 3D Society): We want to shine a spotlight on worthy products that make a contribution to professional and consumer applications.
Receiving honors will be the following companies and people (in alphabetical order):
- Blu-ray Disc Association – “Blu-ray 3D Specification”
- Cameron/Pace Group – “Shadow D Technology and the Shadow D System”
- Fuji – “Fujifilm Finepix Real 3D W3 Digital Camera”
- Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative – “FHD3DGI Standard” – Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Xpand
- GoPro – “3D Hero System”
- HDMI Licensing – “Standardization of 3D Formats over the HDMI Interface. Specification Version 1.4a”
- LG Electronics – “LG Cinema 3D TV”
- Panasonic – “AG-3DA1 Twin Lens 3D Camera Recorder”
- Peter Wimmer – “Stereoscopic Player”
- Silicon Imaging – “SI-3D Stereo Digital Cinema Camera System”
- Sony – “HDR-TD10 3D Handycam Camcorder”
- Sony – “Playstation 3”
- Vizio – “Theater 3D”
- YouTube – “3D Channel”
Entries were reviewed by the Society’s 3D Technology Awards Committee for achievement during 2011.
The International 3D Society was founded to advance the art and technologies of stereoscopic 3D content and its professional innovators through education, hands on demonstration and recognition.