The Xperia Tablet Z, a 10.1 inch Android tablet from the Sony stable, has the highest levels of water resistance (IP55 & IP57) ever seen in a tablet, says Sony. Go ahead, immerse it in three feet of water for up to 30 minutes! The Xperia Tablet Z is also the first tablet to run on the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro asynchronous quad core processor.
Phil Lubell (Vice president, Networked technologies and services, Sony): The living room continues to be the number one location for tablet usage in the US.
Key features for Xperia Tablet Z
- 0.1″ HD 1920x1200p WUXGA Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- S-Force Front Surround 3D
- 6.9 mm and 495g
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
- Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz asynchronous quad CPUs and 2GB RAM
- One-touch connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC)
- 8 MP rear camera featuring “Exmor R for mobile” and Superior Auto plus 2MP HD front camera
The Xperia Z includes Sony’s One-Touch functions, that let users transfer content from HD tablet to TV, tablet to speaker or phone to tablet, just by touching them together. One-touch functions are a key component of Sony’s device range this year, says the company.
The Xperia Tablet Z will be available in black in a 16 GB and 32 GB version for about $499 and $599 respectively this Spring. A white 32 GB version will also be available.