Toshiba is launching the Excite 10 LE tablet in US on March 6. Previously introduced as the Excite X10, the Excite 10 LE is the world’s thinnest and lightest 10-inch tablet, says Toshiba.
The Excite 10 LE tablet, powered by Android, carries a starting price of $529.99 for the 16GB model and $599.99 MSRP for the 32GB model.
Carl Pinto (Vice president, Product development, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America): Excite 10 LE embodies what a luxury tablet should be.
Quick look at the specifications:
- Android 3.2, Honeycomb (upgradeable to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 10.1-inch diagonal LED Backlit widescreen Corning Gorilla Glass display with IPS technology and 10-finger multi-touch support
- 1280 x 800 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 multicore processor; 1.2GHz with 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 16GB and 32GB configurations
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
- Micro USB, Micro HDMI ports
- Micro SD card slot
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, GPS, eCompass and Ambient Light Sensor
- Stereo speakers with sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS Labs
- Built-in 25 watt-hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
- 10.1” (W) x 6.9” (D) x 0.3” (H)
- 1.18 pounds (535g)