Windows 8.1 is now available to download. It is a free update for users with a Windows 8 device via the online Windows Store. And yes, the Start button is (kinda, sorta) back.
Here’s a look at whats new with Windows 8.1:
- More customizable Start screen, with variable tile sizes. Users can choose how to start their machines — at the Start screen or directly in the Windows desktop.
- Windows 8.1 brings back the Start button.
- An updated apps view lets users see all their apps at once.
- Bing Smart Search is built-in, for searching on the Web as well as the device.
- Windows 8.1 provides native support for 3-D printing.
- Windows 8.1 includes the display and use of up to four apps side by side, with flexible windows sizing for each app on the screen, the ability for one app to launch another app.
- Deeper cloud integration with SkyDrive.
- Redesigned Windows Store.
- With Windows 8.1, apps are updated automatically by default.
- Windows 8.1 comes with the new Internet Explorer 11.
Windows 8.1 is available in over 230 markets and 37 languages.
[Image courtesy: Microsoft]
You may also be interested in: