Sony’s transaction to acquire Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson’s (Ericsson) 50% stake in Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB (Sony Ericsson) has been completed. This marks the completion of the transaction jointly announced by Sony and Ericsson on October 27, 2011, and makes Sony Ericsson a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony.
Sony will rename Sony Ericsson “Sony Mobile Communications”, and further integrate the mobile phone business with its electronics business.
- New company name: Sony Mobile Communications AB
- Date of name change: February 2012 (planned)
- Representative: Bert Nordberg, President and CEO
- Corporate Headquarters: London, UK
- R&D sites:Beijing, Lund, Silicon Valley and Tokyo
- Headcount: Approximately 8,000 (as of February 1, 2012)
- Principal business: Design, development, manufacture and sale of mobile phone products
- Stated capital: EUR 100 million