AT&T will begin selling the water-proof Samsung Rugby Smart phone in company-owned retail stores and online from March 4th. The smartphone will be sold for $99.99 with a two-year commitment and monthly minimum data plan.
The Samsung Rugby Smart is a rugged, dustproof device designed to be submergible up to 1m for 30 minutes. The Android 2.3 smartphone features a 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED touchscreen display and a 5MP camera with HD video recording.
Quick look at the specs:
- Technology: GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+
- Operating System: Android 2.3
- Display: 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display
- External Memory: Supports up to 32GB via microSD™
- Internal Memory: 4GB
- Dimensions: 122.4mm x 65.9mm x 12.19mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz
- Camera: 5MP rear facing with flash and auto focus with HD 720p video capture; 1.3 MP front facing camera
- Battery: 1650 mAh LiIon Poly
- Talk Time: Up to 8 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 16 days