Samsung has launched the ATIV Odyssey, the first Windows Phone from the Samsung stable.
The ATIV Odyssey comes with a 4-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display (800×480) , and is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor.
The ATIV Odyssey runs on the Windows Phone 8 operating system, and features Live Tiles. The ATIV Odyssey also features Samsung-only sharing applications such as Photo Editor, Mini Diary and Now, an application that provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly.
The ATIV Odyssey is enterprise-ready, says Samsung, with enhanced security features like Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync features and policy control and on-device AES 256-bit encryption.
Quick look at some of the features:
- Super AMOLED Display (WVGA 800×480)
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 1080p recording and 1080p playback
- Front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera for video chat
- Global Ready calling and email capabilities in more than 220 countries in the world
- Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- 8 GB on board storage (actual formatted capacity is less) / 1 GB RAM
- Support for up to 64 GB microSD card
- 2100 mAh battery
- Photo Editor, Mini Diary, Now
The Samsung ATIV Odyssey will be available in the coming weeks with Verizon.