Nokia has appointed Rajeev Suri as President and CEO of the company. Mr. Suri joined Nokia in 1995 and has held a wide range of leadership positions in the company. Since October of 2009, he has served as CEO of NSN, the former joint venture between Nokia and Siemens that is now fully owned by Nokia. Risto Siilasmaa, chairman of the Nokia board of directors, who has also been serving as an interim CEO, will return to focusing exclusively on his role as chairman.
On April 25, 2014, Stephen Elop, Jo Harlow, Juha Putkiranta, Timo Toikkanen, and Chris Weber stepped down from the Nokia leadership team and transferred to Microsoft. A new Group Leadership Team has been formed within Nokia, that includes;
- Rajeev Suri as President and CEO of Nokia.
- Timo Ihamuotila as Executive Vice President and Group Chief Financial Officer.
- Michael Halbherr as CEO of HERE.
- Henry Tirri as Executive Vice President, and acting Head of Technologies.
- Samih Elhage as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial and Operating Officer of Networks.
[Image courtesy: Nokia]