The Node.js Foundation have elected a new board of directors. In addition to the board, Bill Fine, vice president of product and marketing at Joyent, was elected as the marketing chairperson. The Linux Foundation also hired Mikeal Rogers as its community manager.
Members of the board include:
- Danese Cooper, chairman of the board, distinguished member of technical staff – open source at PayPal;
- Scott Hammond, vice-chairman of the board, chief executive officer at Joyent;
- Brian McCallister, silver-level director of the board, chief technology officer of platforms at Groupon;
- Todd Moore, board member, vice president of open technology at IBM;
- Steve Newcomb, board member, founder and chief executive officer at Famous Industries;
- Gianugo Rabellino, secretary of the board, senior director of open source programs at Microsoft;
- Charlie Robbins, gold-level director of the board, director of engineering at GoDaddy.com;
- Imad Sousou, board member, vice president and general manager at Intel;
- Rod Vagg, technical steering committee chairperson, chief node officer at NodeSource.
In early June, the Node.js and io.js developer community announced that they were merging their respective code base to continue their work in a neutral forum, the Node.js Foundation. Node.js Foundation is a collaborative open source project dedicated to building and supporting the Node.js platform and other related modules. The Node.js Foundation is a collaborative project at the Linux Foundation.
[Image courtesy: Node.js Foundation]