Morgan Stanley has launched a Multicultural Innovation Lab, an accelerator program for technology and technology-enabled start-ups in the post‐seed to Series A funding rounds.
The program targets companies with a multicultural or woman founder, co‐founder or CTO, who have the potential to develop innovations that could disrupt sectors, said the financial services firm in a statement.
The four‐month program will begin in July and run through the fall.
Companies that have been selected for the fall 2017 cohort are:
- AptDeco – Connects buyers and sellers of preowned furniture via its peer-to-peer online platform.
- GitLinks – Provides automated software to monitor and oversee security, updates and legal compliance for enterprises.
- Kairos – Uses artificial intelligence to provide integrated facial recognition.
- Landit – Provides personalized, application based advice at the individual and enterprise level.
- Trigger Finance – Allows the DIY Investor to set “If-Then” statements that can turn any financial or world event into an action on their portfolio.
[Image courtesy: Morgan Stanley]