ITunes 11 is now available for download. The new iTunes features a completely redesigned player, integration with iCloud, and sports a new look besides. All your iTunes purchases are in the cloud, and can be accessed from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC or Apple TV, but you probably know that already.
Eddy Cue (Senior vice president, Internet Software and Services, Apple): We created iTunes because we love music and we’re going back to our roots with an incredibly clean design that keeps your music at the forefront.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Up Next is a new feature that lets you see what songs are coming up, and queue songs or albums you want to hear next.
- The library view has been revamped, and allows you to click on the category of content you want to browse.
- The new expandable album view allows you to see track listings for an individual album, while letting you continue to browse your music library.
- With the new search, you can now search across your entire iTunes library, including music, movies and TV shows.
- The MiniPlayer has been re-designed, and you can now skip to the next song or search for something new to play—all without having to open your library.
[Images courtesy: Apple]