Lytro has unveiled Illum, a light field camera and software platform. Illum comes with a 40-megaray light field sensor, 8x optical zoom range, constant f/2.0 aperture, and a high-speed shutter.
After image capture, Lytro’s software platform lets photographers adjust aspects of images that were previously fixed, such as focus, tilt, perspective shift and depth of field. Users can also view images in 3D, or build custom animation.
The Lytro Illum camera will ship starting July 2014 for $1,599.
Lytro Illum Technical specs
- 40-megaray light field sensor
- 8x optical zoom lens (30mm-250mm equivalent)
- Constant f/2.0 aperture across the entire zoom range
- 1/4000 of a second high-speed shutter
- Extreme close-focus macro capability
- Combination of tactile-controls and smartphone-class, articulating touchscreen
- Dimensions: 86mm x 145mm x 166mm; 940 grams
- Hot shoe supports all leading flashes
[Image courtesy: Lytro]