Chipmaker Intel has announced a series of leadership and organizational changes. Renée James, the company’s president is stepping down to pursue an external CEO role. Ms. James will stay with Intel until January in order to facilitate the transition.
In other developments:
- Arvind Sodhani, president of Intel Capital, will retire in January after a 35-year career with the company. His role will be taken over by president of Mergers and Acquisitions with the company Wendell Brooks will take an expanded role to also become President of Intel Capital. Intel is also merging the M&A and the Intel Capital teams under one leader.
- On July 1, the Intel Security organization – formerly the independent McAfee division – was formally integrated into Intel operations. Chris Young is heading the division.
- Intel Communication and Devices Group general manager Aicha Evans is now part of the company’s management committee.
- Josh Walden, general manager of Intel’s New Technology Group, leads all product and research teams that create and deploy new technology categories, such as interactive computing devices, perceptual computing and wearable devices.
- Associated with these changes, Intel executives Hermann Eul and Mike Bell are leaving the company.
[Image courtesy: Intel]