Golden Seeds closed its second fund with $26.5 million in committed capital for investments in early stage, high growth companies across technology, life sciences and consumer goods, among other sectors.
Golden Seeds has eight portfolio companies:
- AboutOne – online household management system
- Cognition Therapeutics – drug discovery for Alzheimer’s disease
- Hatsize – cloud-based training and demonstrations of complex technologies
- LARK – sleep system that helps you wake better, and sleep better too
- Open Road Integrated Media – digital publisher and multimedia content company
- RuMe – manufacturer and distributor of fair trade reusable fashion items
- Style for Hire – national network of personal stylists trained by celebrity Stacy London
- TextureMedia – social media platform connecting the textured hair community
Golden Seeds Fund 2 invests in women entrepreneurs where one woman in the C-Suite with significant equity meets the definition. “Typically, our companies have a woman founder and CEO, but truly it is gender diversity we are investing in,” said Stephanie Hanbury-Brown, Managing Director and Golden Seeds’ Founder.
Golden Seeds is an investment firm focused on women entrepreneurs. Golden Seeds has four primary operations: An Angel Forum consisting of over 230 men and women investors (the fourth largest in the US), a growing family of Venture Capital funds, an educational Academy, and a Private Equity business.