ROUND ROCK, Texas, June 20, 2017 – Dell Boomi™ (Boomi) announced the availability of the Spring 2017 release of the industry’s most robust and comprehensive cloud-native, enterprise integration platform to move, manage, govern and orchestrate data across hybrid IT architectures. The latest release enables Boomi customers to more efficiently connect everything and enable everywhere, with new, no code application integration accelerators, new features to fortify DevOps at enterprise scale, and improve data governance and security.
“Today’s enterprise organization needs to create digitally connected experiences with customers, partners, and suppliers in order to stay ahead of the competition and remain relevant,” said Chris McNabb, CEO of Boomi. “Integration teams are under ever increasing pressure to make this happen at an accelerated pace. With this release, our platform provides organizations with the industry’s most comprehensive and robust integration foundation for rapidly building a digital business that’s smarter, better and faster.”
Boomi’s Spring 2017 release includes more than 150 features that have been added to the market-leading Boomi integration platform as a service (iPaaS) over several months and are now generally available. Highlights include the following.
Low and No Code Integration Accelerators
Boomi accelerates implementations by providing a drag-and-drop data integration and application development environment, pre-built tools and reusable components, including:
- Workflow Automation – In March 2017, Boomi acquired ManyWho, a low-code development platform for building and deploying workflow applications, making Boomi the most comprehensive cloud-native integration and application development platform to accelerate digital transformation. The latest release allows an application developer to easily invoke a Boomi integration process within a workflow.
- No Code, Pre-built Integration Templates – Boomi offers citizen integrator support with 12 additional processes for the Boomi Process Library. The Boomi Process Library provides proven examples created by Boomi experts that any Boomi user can choose as a starting point to build their integration.
- Support for PaaS Integration – Boomi easily integrates with leading PaaS vendors and provides comprehensive support for PaaS solution integration. This release offers new connectors for Azure, AWS and Google.
- B2B Trading Partner Common Components – Three new types of EDI components provide increased reusability of common data among Trading Partners. Re-using common components increases flexibility, reduces duplication and simplifies updates. This saves time and development effort, especially for organizations with varied businesses, organizations growing through acquisition, as well as conglomerates and organizations with semi-autonomous business units.
Fortified DevOps Features
DevOps teams are looking for the ability to simplify and automate the delivery and deployment of applications and integrations, allowing organizations to focus more of their resources on innovation. Boomi’s fortified DevOps features provide new, robust enterprise capabilities, while reducing the complexity associated with IT operations, including:
Docker Container Deployment – Easily create pre-configured containers. Docker containers simplify and provide flexibility to spin up and down instances of Boomi with pre-defined configurations to increase developer productivity and speed up application integration.
Programmatic Onboarding for Trading Partners – Simplifies and speeds up onboarding, dramatically reducing the time required from weeks and days to hours and making the setup error-free.
Data Stewardship Independence – Four new platform Quarantine API endpoints enable resolution actions outside of Boomi Master Data Management (MDM). This means data stewards can work in other applications, including cloud applications like Slack, to streamline governance tasks and approvals.
Dynamic Integration Processes – With Boomi’s Process Route Shape feature, users can break down multi-step processes into smaller, independent functional groups and dynamically execute sub-processes. This independence between the main process, sub-process, and routing rules enables reusability of repeated logic and actions, and facilitates seamlessly updating and testing integrations.
Data Governance and Security
Organizations need technologies that provide ease of use to accelerate digital initiatives, while offering appropriate controls for the business units they support. Customers need to enforce the right data governance and security models that ensure compliance with business policies, contracts and regulations. Boomi’s latest release includes:
- Automated Data Governance – Data source rankings ensure that each Boomi MDM golden record is from the most trusted source system and propagated across all systems. Data stewards can easily enforce governance policies with automatic updates to all golden records when the data model and associated business rules are changed.
- Identity Management – With Boomi API Management developers can now leverage third party Authentication Sources to support OAuth 2.0 and SAML authentication use cases.
- API Policy Management – With an unlimited number of API calls, an organization can be vulnerable to Denial of Service (DoS) attacks and potentially overwhelm or tax the infrastructure. Boomi API Management allows for the configuration of policies to define a Contract. These Contracts can be coupled with entitlement tiers (i.e. Gold, Silver, or Bronze) as a mechanism for API providers to define expected service levels across their customer base. Additionally, with Quota, Rate Limit and Throttling functionality, the API Provider can limit the number of API calls for a specific time period.
[Image courtesy: Dell Boomi]