CompTIA, a non-profit association for the information technology (IT) industry, has formed a new industry group centered on the growing convergence of telecom and IT.
The CompTIA Telecom advisory council is expected to provide strategic insight and vendor-neutral guidance on the evolving and expanding relationships between agents who resell telecom services and IT firms that focus on data needs.
Jeff Ponts (Executive vice president, DataTel Solutions; Co-chair, CompTIA Telecom Advisory Council): The convergence of voice and data, the emergence of cloud computing and the explosion of mobile technology are some of the factors bringing these two groups together.
Mike Saxby , president, Communications Management Services, will serve as vice chair of the group.
Other members of the CompTIA Telecom advisory council include:
- Laura Bernstein , president, CRA Telecom
- Shawn Cordner , chief executive officer, In2itive Marketing
- Larry Foster , president and general manager, PINNACLE
- Hilary Gadda , director, telepartner channels, Telepacific Communications
- Ian Kleninger, chief executive officer, Avant Communications
- Jack Knocke , owner, The VAR Advisor
- Michael Paynter , chief executive officer, Tier3 Technologies
- Greg Plum , vice president, channel development, Start Meeting
- Bill Potter , chief executive officer, Message Broadcast
- Peter Radizeski , telecom consultant, Rad-Info
- Meggin Sawyer , vice president, enterprise division sales, ADTRAN
- Bryan Schroder , principal, Cynergy Services
- Richard Williams , executive director, channels, Verizon