Santa Clara, California-based textbook trading company Chegg has raised $25 million in an inside equity round, according to a SEC filing. Total number of investors in the offering are 17. The company did not share any further details.
Investors in the company include Ace limited, Foundation Capital, Gabriel Venture Partners, Insight Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Pinnacle Ventures, Primera Capital, and TriplePoint Capital.
Chegg’s previous funding rounds include:
- January 2007, $2.2 million from Gabriel Venture Partners and angel investor Mike Maples.
- August 2008, $7 million from Gabriel Venture Partners, Mike Maples and Primera Capital.
- December 2008, $25 million from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Foundation Capital, with participation from return backers Gabriel Venture Partners and Primera Capital.
- November 2009, $57 million in equity funding and a $25 million credit facility led by Insight Venture Partners and $30 million in debt facility from Pinnacle Ventures and TriplePoint Capital.
- September 2010, $75 million from Ace Limited
[Image Courtesy: Chegg]