Yahoo reported results for the quarter and full year ended December 31, 2014. In the fourth quarter, Yahoo saw $254 million in…
1. Music-Discovery Company Shazam Valued at Roughly $1 Billion
2. Simon Pegg Co-Writing ‘Star Trek 3′ With Doug Jung
3. Drone carrying drugs crashes near Mexican-US border
4. Did Facebook just kill the Web’s burgeoning fake-news industry?
5. HealthCare.gov sends personal data to Twitter, Yahoo and Google
6. Exploding Kittens sets fire to Kickstarter
7. AMD looks to its Carrizo chips for PC rebound
8. Price Slump Tests Bitcoin’s Self-Correcting Economics
Yahoo and Mozilla have inked a five-year partnership that makes Yahoo the default search experience for Firefox in the United States on mobile and desktop. As part of the agreement, Yahoo will introduce an enhanced search experience for U.S. Firefox users which is scheduled to launch in December 2014.
Yahoo is spending $640 million to acquire BrightRoll, a digital video advertising platform. The transaction will combine Yahoo’s desktop and mobile video…
Yahoo reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2014. The company delivered $1.148 billion in revenue, representing a 1% growth.…
Yahoo has appointed Mike Kail as CIO and SVP, Infrastructure. He will be heading Yahoo’s IT and data center operations, reporting to CEO Marissa Mayer. Most recently, Mr. Kail served as VP of IT Operations at Netflix. Prior to that, he was VP of IT Operations at Attensity. He holds a B.S. in Computer Science from Iowa State University. You can read Marissa Mayer’s Tumblr post on the appointment here.
Yahoo is acquiring mobile ad-exchange company Flurry. Financial terms of the transaction were not shared, but a report in the WSJ pegs the deal at over $200 million. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
Yahoo has launched the new version of Yahoo Movies. Yahoo Movies will carry movie-related content like reviews, essays from critics, and interviews with Hollywood stars , as well as live stream events, says the Sunnyvale giant.
Yahoo unveiled details of two TV-style and Netflix-like original Web series, a partnership with Live Nation, the Yahoo Travel digital magazine, and…