A team of GE scientists and engineers have introduced several new features to Santa’s sleigh. The updated sleigh incorporates a number of new technologies that will make Santa’s travels greener, faster and much more efficient, says the company.
Lets take a look:
Features of the new sleigh include:
- A thin cooling solution that can improve jet engine aerodynamics and outfit Santa with a cooler, thinner laptop.
- Air Traffic Management Technology to help Santa and the reindeer steer clear of the planes en route on Christmas Eve.
- An Electric Traction Motor with MEMS switching technology to quickly and efficiently transfer power of Santa’s sleigh over to the electric motor to give the reindeer a break.
- 3-D printed sleigh blades for a more aerodynamic design to improve energy efficiency paired with atough, flexible fabric to give Santa greater lift and maneuverability.
- An upgraded sleigh frame made from GE’s high temperature Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMCs) that will save energy and time by enabling flight into outer space and back.
- GE’s Durathon battery for reliably powering the accouterments in Santa’s sleigh. The battery can function under extreme temperature conditions.