Amazon has unveiled the next generation of Kindle Fire, with Kindle Fire HD. The Kindle Fire HD family is the most-advanced tablets so far from Amazon.
The 7″ Kindle Fire HD is available with 16 GB or 32 GB of on-device storage, and the large screen Kindle Fire is available with 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB of on-device storage. Customers who buy the 4G Kindle Fire HD will have access to a 12-month data plan with 250MB per month, 20GB of Amazon Cloud storage, and a $10 credit in the Amazon Appstore for a one-time cost of $49.99.
Jeff Bezos (Founder and CEO, Amazon.com): We hope people will agree that Kindle Fire HD is the best high-end tablet anywhere, at any price.
Lets take a quick look at some of the Kindle Fire HD features:
- 4G LTE wireless, powered by the latest generation 4G chipset, support for all 10 4G bands, and Amazon’s free 4G LTE data package
- Custom HD display with in-plane switching, Advanced True Wide polarizing filter and custom laminated touch sensor for 25% less glare
- Fastest Wi-Fi of any tablet-dual antenna, dual-band, and MIMO-40% faster downloads and streaming compared to the next fastest tablet
- High-performance processor and graphics engine
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio
- 16+ GB of local storage
- 254 pixels per inch with a resolution of 1920×1200
- Gorilla glass
- 11 hours of battery life.
- Front-facing HD camera with custom Skype application
- Kindle Fire HD 7″starts from $199. It is available for pre-order and will begin shipping September 14.
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ starts at $299. It is available for pre-order and will begin shipping on November 20.
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ 4G starts at $499. It is available for preorder and will begin shipping on November 20.
Categories: Consumer Tech